Friday, June 29, 2007

Sts Peter and Paul



A blessed Feast Day of Sts Peter and Paul to you all!

It's my name's day, of course. My mother likes biblical names, and I'm named for the apostle, who often comes in for a good drubbing by his critics. I'm pleased and honored to bear his name.

I didn't do much to celebrate today, though some friends picked up a cake (we've been using every excuse we can find to celebrate with cake, and I'm due to bake a cheesecake any day now). I missed the singing and holy kissing that the Orthodox would've delivered.

I wanted to post a musical setting of some words from Paul, but I can't find it. I give you Dvorak's setting of Psalm 149 instead:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hmmm... I can see your posted video. So why can't you see mine?

5:47 AM  
Blogger Angie B. said...

A belated happy St. Paul day to you! We're pretty partial to the name Paul around here, too.

You're going to bake a cheesecake? I'm impressed.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Angie B. said...

Well, it isn't in English, but if you're looking for a musical setting of the words of St. Paul here is a beautiful choral arrangement of "Christus factus est," (from Philippians 2) by Bruckner. Here's the Latin text:
Christus factus est pro nobis obediens
usque ad mortem, mortem autem crucis.
Propter quod et Deus exaltavit illum
et dedit illi nomen quod est super omne nomen.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home